Saturday, January 29, 2011

Playtime

Jireh has a play date this morning with 2 golden retrievers. I am so excited. My camera is ready!! I've been looking forward to this all week. Jireh goes to dog parks almost daily, and I can never relax enough for her to have fun. (I am sure she senses my apprehension). Like yesterday, some lady brought her 2 year old child INTO THE FENCED AREA. Jireh is as tall as the little girl, so while she was playing, Jireh knocked the girl over, who then started crying. The mom assured me it was okay... UM, NO, IT IS NOT OKAY! Imagine some huge animal jumping and licking you! Poor kid, I'd be crying too.

Then the day before, 2 big dogs 'played' with Jireh a bit too aggressively. I got in there, scooped Jireh up, and we left. They say never get in the middle of dogs 'playing' i.e. fighting... but my maternal instincts kicked in and I went in.

Addy plays with her to a point, then Jireh gets too bouncy and Addy starts hissing. Jireh needs gentle yet active playmates. Hopefully, this morning she will meet some.

No comments:

Post a Comment