Thursday, January 27, 2011

Meet Jireh and Addy


There once was a golden retriever named, “Rusty”. It was during the mid-1980’s when I was sunning by my parents pool and a snake crawled beside me. Paralyed, I yelled until Rusty appeared at my side, picked up the snake (who repeatedly was biting Rusty’s neck), carried the reptile to the other side of the yard, and killed the snake.



That day, Rusty became my hero. Years later, Rusty passed away when I was away at college. Very tragic day. When I moved into my own apartment, I went to the Tallahassee pet store to get my own golden. They didn’t have a golden, but they had a ‘golden’ kitty who was the cutest thing I had ever seen. I brought him home and named him, “Seminole”. Seminole remains the love of my life even though he went to heaven on 6-5-6 (30 minutes before 6-6-6, in fact).


Seminole joined me in September of 1993, and in May of 1994, I adopted her sister, Zoey, who was with me until 6 months ago. Zoey, like Seminole, filled a place in my heart that will never change, will never fade, will never go away. A couple years after Seminole passed, Addy came into our home. *Funny, I think it is mean to leave a pet home alone all day when I flourish in isolation. Addy is awesome, which you will come to know in this blog. Awesome, amazing, adorable, angelic…. that’s my Addy.

Well, as I began to enter a mid-life crisis, I realized I have so many dreams that I’ve always plan to do ‘one day’. Having another golden is at the top of the list. So December 2010, I was given a golden puppy, who is truly a gift. I named her, Jireh, which is from the Bible meaning “the Lord provides”.


This is the journey of Addy & Jireh… and how the Lord provides

No comments:

Post a Comment